Thursday, January 14, 2016

Black Dragon vs Centaur Half Sleeve Tattoo Design


I was asked to design a good versus evil theme, containing a black dragon and a fantasy-styled centaur by a client. In addition, he also wanted to include the dementor and the patronus from the Harry Potter books. I wanted to create a sense of struggle but I didn't want to favor one side over the other. I wanted to show the battle in a neutral state where not one side is winning over the side. When I first sketched this initially, I accidentally created this yin-yang shape which I liked a lot because it tied back to the theme. So I went ahead and continued that shape, modified the layout a little bit and came up with this design. The rendering process was a lot of work. There were lots of details to consider and I wanted to make sure I capture the essence just right. Overall I was very pleased with the final result, and I cannot wait to see this design get tattooed on my client.




Progress Shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment