Thursday, September 29, 2016

Archangel Demon Slayer Half Sleeve Tattoo Design


This is the third of my archangel series. I absolutely love doing these things. It's just so epic and at the same such a beautiful imagery to do. It pumps me up doing things that involve strength and power, and triumph over evil. It reminds me so much of when I was a little kid watching Superman or Captain American defeat the bad guys. Only here, Im actually the one creating that scenery. Anyway, this is a fantasy-inspired St. Michael, which you can see that he's hooded and the design of his armor, and he's about to thrust  his sword to flailing demons. I wanted to create a very dark surrounding so that it gives me the opportunity to play with bright lights coming from the back of the angel so it highlights him up close. I thought I captured the overall atmosphere of the design. If only this was a full-sleeve, I have some epic ideas on how to continue this. :))



Progress Shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment