Monday, August 1, 2016

The Wonky Love Triangle


Today's victim went for the ever popular "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine", from Solomon's Song of Songs. You know, just like David Beckham...


We've already established in Beckham's case that this expression is unsuitable for guys, as it speaks of a male lover. But this guy went even further - he managed to misspell it terribly.

There are three incorrect letters in this tattoo, the first establishes a love triangle between his father, his male beloved and himself. The other two, mercifully, render this tattoo almost incomprehensible.

Really! This is pretty much the most common Hebrew tattoo phrase. It can be Googled-up in a second. How on earth can you get it wrong?

This is how "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" should be properly written in Hebrew:


Remember, in Hebrew lettering every stroke counts, and many letters look similar. If two letters appear just a little bit different, there's a good chance they are actually two different letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment